Who’s behind the edit?
There are lots of automated spelling and grammar checking tools out there. So why hire a human editor?
When you work with a real editor, you’re gaining an ally. Editors use their best judgment to strike that balance: helping you say what you want to say and making it clear, correct and compelling for your readers. We put our knowledge, and our curiosity, into everything we edit.
Carmen Siu, principal of edits approved, is a member of the Editors’ Association of Canada (Editors Canada). She has edited projects across many industries, including:
- arts and entertainment, film, cinema, literature
- corporate social responsibility (CSR), sustainability, environmental stewardship, governance, health and safety, human resources
- education, private schools, summer camps
- energy, electricity, utilities
- financial services, investment, banking, insurance, pension funds
- food and beverage
- lifestyle, retirement
- natural resources, mining, minerals
- real estate, housing, construction
- transportation and infrastructure
She earned her Certified Proofreader designation in 2015. Certification from Editors Canada is the gold standard of editing — it identifies editors who are masters of their craft. She is also a regular publications volunteer for Editors Canada. She has editorial training from Ryerson University and Editors Canada, and is a graduate of Western University.